At OptiCred, we go the extra mile to ensure your website is secure, updated, and resistant to potential threats. While Cloudflare’s Enterprise WAF offers robust perimeter security, we also shield you from internal threats. Here’s a rundown of the advanced hardening techniques we deploy:
In-Depth Defense: Comprehensive internal WordPress hardening for robust protection.
Proactive Monitoring: Stay ahead with continuous scanning for threats to WordPress core, plugins, and themes.
⚡ Swift Response: Receive virtual patches instantly for vulnerabilities before they can be exploited and until a security update becomes available.
Hardning Your WordPress Site From Within
1. Automated Software Updates
- Description: Activate automatic updates for select components to ensure your site is always running the latest, secure versions.
- Benefit: Stay updated and secure without manual intervention.
2. Disable Theme Editor
- Description: We deactivate the in-built theme editor.
- Benefit: Prevents potential automated attacks via the theme editor.
3. Remove Readme.html
- Description: This file is removed from the root directory.
- Benefit: Thwarts basic scanning attacks targeting readme.txt files.
4. Disable User Enumeration
- Description: Block potential security threats from discovering usernames.
- Benefit: Reduces the risk of brute force attacks by keeping usernames hidden.
5. Hide WordPress Version
- Description: Remove the visible WordPress version from your site’s source code.
- Benefit: Further obscure site details from potential hackers.
6. Enable Activity Log
- Description: All user actions are diligently recorded.
- Benefit: Maintain a clear record of all activities, helping in audits and troubleshooting.
7. Log Failed Login Attempts
- Description: Along with activity logs, all failed login attempts are noted.
- Benefit: Track and identify potential brute-force attacks in real-time.
8. Block Application Passwords
- Description: Disable the application password feature introduced in WordPress 5.6.
- Benefit: Provides an additional layer of security by preventing potential misuse.
9. Restrict XML-RPC Access
- Description: Limited access to the xmlrpc.php file.
- Benefit: Only authenticated users can access, preventing misuse and DDoS attacks.
10. Restrict WP REST API Access
- Description: Secure the WP REST API by allowing access only to authenticated users.
- Benefit: Protect sensitive data and prevent unauthorized data manipulation.
Schedule a Call
Schedule a Free Consultation Call.